Friday, January 8, 2010

My Adventure

Next Wednesday (Jan 13th) I have having Surgery. I think most of you know this -but I wanted to make sure, and to update you. The main surgery I'm having is Sinus Surgery. I've had a sinus infection for over a year and have been pretty miserable. The Sinus Surgery will make me more miserable for a little while - but should eventually make things better.

Last summer I dropped something REALLY heavy on my foot. I had X-rays taken and nothing was broken, but I bruised a nerve. I've been to the Foot Dr and have been working with him, but it still hurts most of the time. Yesterday I went in and he told me I had a bunch of scar tissue surrounding a nerve and that is what was causing me pain. He said it would eventually lead to Surgery. Half Jokingly I asked if we could do it next Wed - and he said he would talk with my ENT and see if they could work something out. The did work something out - so I'm having both surgeries at the SAME TIME (hahahahahaha). I'll be in a lot of pain for a few days - but should be recovered enough to go back to work in about a week.

I plan on updating this blog at least once a day - so you can follow my fun adventure. You are also welcome to call or come visit if you live close enough.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Amy that is crazy. I hope everything goes well for you. I've loved getting updated on your blog. I especially loved your post about Scruffy. That is just too funny. i'm so glad you had the pictures to show. Make to the post as hand. We will be praying for you. I wish more and more that we could be close to family but for now I guess we just pray. Love ya Amy